FrOGs (Friends of Gilmont)
Services, Retreats, Dining, Request Info
Ministry, Register, Employment
FrOGs (Friends Of Gilmont)
Volunteer! Be a FrOG (FRiend Of Gilmont)! Bring a group from you church, or come with your family to Gilmont to volunteer. Designated work days have been set aside and each weekend we offer “perks” to our volunteers:
May 15-17, 2014 Prep for and participate in the Gilmont Jamboree Festival on Saturday Perk: attend the family festival on Saturday
June 5-7, 2014 Perks: training in team-building and games; dutch oven cooking Offered in early summer, this is a great weekend for families to come and get to know us before summer camp comes around!
August 14-16, 2014 Perks: training in clay and art projects Offered at the end of summer camp, this weekend helps us transition into retreat season.
September 19-20, 2014 Perks: training in storytelling
December 4-6, 2014 Perks: Christmas art and decorating by re-purposing items at your church
Goals for Frog Weekends:
- Dates may have to shift if we have an exclusive use booking on one of these weekends. And, if you don’t see a date that works for you? Call us.
- Fill out our FrOG survey so we can fill out a data base of talents and skills.
- FrOG’s work a minimum of 4 hours per day.
- Background checks may be required as part of child protection policies.
- Cost for FrOGs at Gilmont is $9 per meal – lodging is free.