FrOGs (Friends of Gilmont)
Services, Retreats, Dining, Request Info
Ministry, Register, Employment
FrOGs (Friends Of Gilmont)
Volunteer! Be a FrOG (FRiend Of Gilmont)! Bring a group from you church, or come with your family to Gilmont to volunteer. You may choose to come for part or all of the designated time. Work days have been set aside and each weekend we offer “perks” to our volunteers:
May 15-17, 2014 Prep for and participate in the Gilmont Jamboree Festival on Saturday Perk: attend and help staff the family festival on Saturday
June 5-7, 2014 Perks: training in team-building and games; dutch oven cooking Offered in early summer, this is a great weekend for families to come and get to know us before summer camp comes around!
August 14-16, 2014 Perks: training in clay and art projects Offered at the end of summer camp, this weekend helps us transition into retreat season.
September 19-20, 2014 Perks: training in storytelling
December 4-6, 2014 Perks: Christmas art and decorating by re-purposing items at your church
Goals for Frog Weekends:
- Dates may have to shift if we have an exclusive use booking on one of these weekends. And, if you don’t see a date that works for you? Call us.
- Fill out our FrOG survey so we can fill out a data base of talents and skills.
- FrOG’s work a minimum of 4 hours per day.
- Background checks may be required as part of child protection policies.
- Cost for FrOGs at Gilmont is $9 per meal – lodging is free.